When it comes to choosing vinyl siding for your home, you want it to be the very best quality. Finding the best vinyl siding comes down to a couple of factors.
- Thickness: When you are looking for quality vinyl siding, you want to make sure that it is thick. Thin siding is a big sign that it isn’t the highest quality. The panels for vinyl siding should be 0.040 inches thick or thicker.
- Material: In addition to vinyl being thick, it matters what type of material it is made out. Vinyl has PVC and Polyvinyl chloride, but what really sets it apart is if there is a top layer called the cap stock on top.
- Fading: One of the best parts of vinyl siding is that you don’t have to paint it every few years to improve the appearance. However, this won’t make a difference if the siding starts to fade within a few years. Ensure that your vinyl siding has titanium dioxide in it so it doesn’t fade.
- Deep Profile: A deep profile is good for vinyl siding as it will produce shade. Not only that, a deeper profile will look closer to real wood than other types of vinyl siding.
- Better Aesthetics: Siding that looks like real wood and has a wide range of colors to choose from is the vinyl siding that you will want for your home, as it will enhance the appearance and increase the value of the home.
- Warranty: If the warranty for the siding is less than a 25-year guarantee, do not bother.
How Long Does Siding on a House Last?
Depending on the quality of vinyl siding that you get for your home will depend on how long it lasts. If you get the best material, thickness, have a deep profile, great color, and a warranty of 25 years, you are looking at your vinyl siding lasting 40 to 60 years if it is properly taken care of. While these play a big part in the reason your vinyl will last, the characteristics of high-grade vinyl also help. Because of how easy it is to maintain, this can play a part in how long it lasts. The same can be said for how durable it is, which helps keep it lasting for years. Another thing that sets vinyl apart is that it doesn’t warp, so there is another way it stands against other siding. Of course, things like climate, weather, and installation, but for the most part, the best vinyl siding will last because of the quality of vinyl that was purchased.
When To Replace Vinyl Siding
Just like when you know you need emergency plumbing or roof repair, it’s pretty easy to tell when your vinyl siding needs to be replaced. If you had vinyl installed before all of the improvements that have been made in vinyl siding, it might be time to replace your siding. Visible signs that point to a complete replacement there are cracks, gaps, fungus, and mold on the siding. The cracks and gaps are probably due to lack of maintenance and the fungus and mold are growing because of moisture that has seeped into the cracks in the siding. Because the moisture has created mold growth, it can also cause issues for your interior walls. If you are unsure if your vinyl needs to be replaced, call us at (920) 264-0020. We can tell you if vinyl siding replacement is the best option, so we can get you the best vinyl siding for your home.
Call Us for Vinyl Siding Repair and Installation
If you have vinyl siding and need repairs or looking to install vinyl siding, call Suburban Home Improvements at (920) 264-0020! We are able to offer the best vinyl siding service for your Green Bay, WI home! Just contact our office and we can make an appointment to discuss what your options are.